MADISON, Wis. - A Walgreen's pharmacist was robbed Tuesday shortly after 9 p.m., according to the Madison Police Department.
A man called the 60-year-old pharmacist and told him to put OxyContin in a bag in the drive-thru drop box, threatening the pharmacist with a gun, according to the report.
Police said the robber told the pharmacist he was watching him and it was clear to the pharmacist that the caller could see him.
The pharmacist told police a slender white man between 5 feet 8 inches to 5 feet 10 inches tall wearing a dark sweater and baseball cap grabbed the prescription opiates from the drop box and fled.
A police dog tracked the criminal north to Martha Lane, where the scent abruptly ended.
The Walgreen's that was robbed is located at 4518 Cottage Grove Road on the Far East side of Madison.
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes
- Madison middle school to require student uniforms