MADISON, Wis. - A Walgreen's pharmacist was robbed Tuesday shortly after 9 p.m., according to the Madison Police Department.
A man called the 60-year-old pharmacist and told him to put OxyContin in a bag in the drive-thru drop box, threatening the pharmacist with a gun, according to the report.
Police said the robber told the pharmacist he was watching him and it was clear to the pharmacist that the caller could see him.
The pharmacist told police a slender white man between 5 feet 8 inches to 5 feet 10 inches tall wearing a dark sweater and baseball cap grabbed the prescription opiates from the drop box and fled.
A police dog tracked the criminal north to Martha Lane, where the scent abruptly ended.
The Walgreen's that was robbed is located at 4518 Cottage Grove Road on the Far East side of Madison.
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend