MADISON, Wis. - A man walking in downtown Madison told police he was struck by a pellet or BB Monday morning.
Police said the 19-year-old Madison man was walking in an alley between West Johnson Street and West Gorham Street at 12:17 a.m. when he heard a pop and felt something hit his thigh.
The man said he noticed a hole in his jeans, and his leg was bleeding. He had a puncture the size of a pea. The victim didn't seek treatment.
Police said a nearby car had a broken window and several pellets inside.
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend
- Madison police have video of road rage incident involving a car and bike