MADISON, Wis. - An escalation in an ongoing dispute between two women led to a disturbance that drew 40-50 people into the street, according to a release from Madison police.
Police were called to the 5800 block of Russett Road at 7:26 p.m. Tuesday for a report of a large disturbance. Witnesses told officers a large group of women showed up at an apartment building looking to fight another woman who was inside.
A woman who armed herself with a baseball bat was ordering those looking for trouble to leave.
Sherrye I. Hardrick Tate, 49, of Madison, was arrested on suspicion of disorderly conduct while armed. Nanyamka N. James, 19, of Madison, was arrested on suspicion of disorderly conduct.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK