MADISON, Wis. - An escalation in an ongoing dispute between two women led to a disturbance that drew 40-50 people into the street, according to a release from Madison police.
Police were called to the 5800 block of Russett Road at 7:26 p.m. Tuesday for a report of a large disturbance. Witnesses told officers a large group of women showed up at an apartment building looking to fight another woman who was inside.
A woman who armed herself with a baseball bat was ordering those looking for trouble to leave.
Sherrye I. Hardrick Tate, 49, of Madison, was arrested on suspicion of disorderly conduct while armed. Nanyamka N. James, 19, of Madison, was arrested on suspicion of disorderly conduct.
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire