MADISON, Wis. - An escalation in an ongoing dispute between two women led to a disturbance that drew 40-50 people into the street, according to a release from Madison police.
Police were called to the 5800 block of Russett Road at 7:26 p.m. Tuesday for a report of a large disturbance. Witnesses told officers a large group of women showed up at an apartment building looking to fight another woman who was inside.
A woman who armed herself with a baseball bat was ordering those looking for trouble to leave.
Sherrye I. Hardrick Tate, 49, of Madison, was arrested on suspicion of disorderly conduct while armed. Nanyamka N. James, 19, of Madison, was arrested on suspicion of disorderly conduct.
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say
- Local musician, drum instructor charged with possession of child porn
- WIAA board approves concussion insurance for student athletes
- Complaint: 14-year-old's father finds sexual assault suspect in closet