JANESVILLE, Wis. - A Stoughton woman was arrested on suspicion of fifth offense operating while intoxicated after a deputy witnessed her car nearly collide with another vehicle, according to the Rock County Sheriff's Office.
The deputy noticed the car driven by Cheryl Ackerman, 40, at 7:28 p.m. Wednesday while traveling east on State Highway 14 near North Newville Road.
The car was all over the road and nearly collided with another vehicle, according to the deputy.
The deputy reported seeing an open can of beer in the car's center console and said Ackerman failed field sobriety tests.
She was also cited for having open intoxicants in a vehicle and unsafe lane deviation.
- Wisconsin school advocates pushing for more money
- Research indicates correct breast examination techniques are widely misunderstood
- Shell casings found downtown after shots fired call
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother