JANESVILLE, Wis. - A Stoughton woman was arrested on suspicion of fifth offense operating while intoxicated after a deputy witnessed her car nearly collide with another vehicle, according to the Rock County Sheriff's Office.
The deputy noticed the car driven by Cheryl Ackerman, 40, at 7:28 p.m. Wednesday while traveling east on State Highway 14 near North Newville Road.
The car was all over the road and nearly collided with another vehicle, according to the deputy.
The deputy reported seeing an open can of beer in the car's center console and said Ackerman failed field sobriety tests.
She was also cited for having open intoxicants in a vehicle and unsafe lane deviation.
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight