TOWN OF NEWARK, Wis. - Rock County deputies said they found 61 caged roosters and 16 pounds of marijuana while investigating a man suspected of breeding roosters for fighting.
A release from the Rock County Sheriff's Office stated they carried out a search warrant at 8424 West Mill Pond Road in the town of Newark on Tuesday and found 61 caged roosters and items related to breeding roosters for fighting.
The roosters were evaluated by veterinarians and determined to need immediate medical attention.
Deputies said they also found marijuana in a small, concealed crawl space in the floor of the home. They said they found 15 vacuum-sealed packages totaling 16 pounds of marijuana.
Jorge A. Marquez, 37, was arrested on suspicion of possession of marijuana with intent to deliver, instigating fighting between animals and maintaining a drug trafficking house. He's scheduled to appear in court Thursday.8540 W Mill Pond Rd
- Enbridge says it has no plans for a new Wisconsin pipeline
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- Authorities: Woman fatally shot father and took her own life
- Syrian man who sued Trump brings family to US
- DATCP warns of resurgence of fake IRS calls
- Appeal rejected in death of 2 Janesville motorcyclists