CAMBRIDGE, Wis. - A Georgia man was caught burglarizing a bed and breakfast in Cambridge early Friday morning, according to a release from the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to the Hanson House Bed and Breakfast on North Street just after 4 a.m. for a report of a burglary in progress. The owners reported hearing the sounds of someone moving throughout the house.
Deputies said they could see a screen near the front door had been cut and they surrounded the house. Garrett W. Davis, 22, of Brunswick, Georgia, was taken into custody as he attempted to come out the back of the home. He was arrested on suspicion of burglary, criminal trespassing, criminal damage to property, disorderly conduct and fraud. He said he was in the area visiting relatives.Madison crime map
- State manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Man scammed out of $4,300 by person claiming to be grandson
- Man stabs girlfriend in neck with scissors, police say
- Fremont woman accused in boyfriend's fatal stabbing is acquitted
- East Towne Mall employee attacked, robbed
- Woman arrested, suspected of abducting her kids