CAMBRIDGE, Wis. - A Georgia man was caught burglarizing a bed and breakfast in Cambridge early Friday morning, according to a release from the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to the Hanson House Bed and Breakfast on North Street just after 4 a.m. for a report of a burglary in progress. The owners reported hearing the sounds of someone moving throughout the house.
Deputies said they could see a screen near the front door had been cut and they surrounded the house. Garrett W. Davis, 22, of Brunswick, Georgia, was taken into custody as he attempted to come out the back of the home. He was arrested on suspicion of burglary, criminal trespassing, criminal damage to property, disorderly conduct and fraud. He said he was in the area visiting relatives.Madison crime map
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say