MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man accused of being behind on his child support by about $6,000 was arrested Wednesday after Dane County Sheriff's deputies said they learned he had recently won $10,000 at a Madison casino.
Emmanuel M. Haslett, 28, was taken into custody during a traffic stop at Highway 30 and Fair Oaks Avenue in Blooming Grove Township at approximately 8 p.m.
At the time of his arrest, Haslett had over $13,000 in cash in his possession, according to deputies.
He was arrested on a warrant for non-support and also cited on suspicion of operating after suspension and not having insurance.
"We have 975 outstanding child support warrants active in Dane County, so this is a big issue. We have one deputy that's assigned full time," said Elise Schaffer, spokeswoman for the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
- Surveillance video shows burglars breaking into Madison cellphone store
- Records show little GOP feedback to state education plan
- Lincoln Hills psychologist dismissed
- Kenosha teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Milwaukee-bound man removed from flight for using bathroom before takeoff