MADISON, Wis. - Evidence found at the scene of a burglary in western Dane County led deputies to arrest a Madison man in connection with several residential burglaries, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies said Kunga Chokden, 21, was arrested Wednesday night after a search warrant was used to search Chokden's residence.
Detective said they found a lot of evidence at the residence connecting Chokden to several burglaries.
Since Aug. 16, deputies were called to 23 homes burglarized while the homeowners were away.
Deputies said Chokden has not been connected to all the recent burglaries. They caution residents to continue locking doors, windows and vehicles, and to report suspicious activity.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls