TOWN OF WATERLOO, Wis. - A drunk woman jumped from a moving SUV and the driver is suspected of sixth-offense operating while intoxicated, according to a release from the Grant County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to Adrian Hollow Road in the town of Waterloo at 9 p.m. on Saturday for a report of an unknown medical emergency.
They said a 60-year-old woman from rural Cassville had been riding in the rear cargo area of a 2008 Chevy Tracer because she was too drunk to sit up in a seat. For unknown reasons, the woman opened the rear hatch and jumped out, deputies said.
The SUV was traveling at about 20 mph when she jumped, according to the report.
The woman was treated for minor injuries and taken to Grant Regional Health Center.
The driver, Jerry Cromwell, 75, of rural Cassville, was arrested on suspicion of sixth-offense operating while intoxicated. He was also cited for having open intoxicants in the SUV.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire