TOWN OF PLEASANT SPRINGS, Wis. - A man who visited a home in the town of Pleasant Springs in response to a Craigslist ad returned later to burglarize the home, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to the home on Vance Drive at 11:50 a.m. on Wednesday for a report of a burglary in progress. A woman in the home called 911 when she was startled by a man entering her bedroom.
The man fled, and the woman was able to give deputies a description of the burglar and his vehicle.
Detectives said they found and questioned Manual Alvarez, 67, of Sun Prairie, who admitted to breaking into the home.
Alvarez had been at the home days before the burglary in response to an ad on Craigslist to buy vehicle parts, according to detectives.
Alvarez was arrested on suspicion of burglary, possession of burglary tools and criminal trespass to a home.
- Stoughton woman faces 5th OWI charge
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands
- Town of Janesville man faces 6th OWI
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two