TOWN OF PLEASANT SPRINGS, Wis. - A man who visited a home in the town of Pleasant Springs in response to a Craigslist ad returned later to burglarize the home, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to the home on Vance Drive at 11:50 a.m. on Wednesday for a report of a burglary in progress. A woman in the home called 911 when she was startled by a man entering her bedroom.
The man fled, and the woman was able to give deputies a description of the burglar and his vehicle.
Detectives said they found and questioned Manual Alvarez, 67, of Sun Prairie, who admitted to breaking into the home.
Alvarez had been at the home days before the burglary in response to an ad on Craigslist to buy vehicle parts, according to detectives.
Alvarez was arrested on suspicion of burglary, possession of burglary tools and criminal trespass to a home.
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Phone scammer claims to be MPD Chief Mike Koval, officials say
- Icy Dane County road causes nearly 40-car pileup, officials say
- Man, woman caught selling stolen bike on Craigslist, police say
- Evers has $117,000 in bank for superintendent run
- Police: Teens try to open Madison girl's car door, flash gun at her