A motorcyclist and his passenger suffered serious injuries Saturday following a hit-and-run crash in the Town of Westport Saturday.
The incident happened at the intersection of County Highway Q and County Highway K in the town of Westport just after 10 p.m. Saturday.
According to the sheriff's department, deputies responded to an accident between a car and a motorcycle in the Town of Westport. The driver of the car, Bayardo Torrez-Gutierrez, took off northbound following the crash, but was stopped by a Waunakee police officer a short while later.
The driver of the motorcycle, Joshua Parsons, 30, and his passenger, Heather Boyer, 29, were brought to UW Hospital with serious, but non-life threatening injuries. They were wearing helmets at the time of the crash.
Torrez-Gutierrez faces numerous charges, including hit-and-run causing injury, operating without a license, and not having insurance.
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land
- Victims chase suspected burglars with shovel
- Wisconsin school advocates pushing for more money
- Research indicates correct breast examination techniques are widely misunderstood