A motorcyclist and his passenger suffered serious injuries Saturday following a hit-and-run crash in the Town of Westport Saturday.
The incident happened at the intersection of County Highway Q and County Highway K in the town of Westport just after 10 p.m. Saturday.
According to the sheriff's department, deputies responded to an accident between a car and a motorcycle in the Town of Westport. The driver of the car, Bayardo Torrez-Gutierrez, took off northbound following the crash, but was stopped by a Waunakee police officer a short while later.
The driver of the motorcycle, Joshua Parsons, 30, and his passenger, Heather Boyer, 29, were brought to UW Hospital with serious, but non-life threatening injuries. They were wearing helmets at the time of the crash.
Torrez-Gutierrez faces numerous charges, including hit-and-run causing injury, operating without a license, and not having insurance.
- Garrison Keillor coming to Breese Stevens Field
- Gun pointed at driver during road rage incident, deputies say
- Wisconsin family rescued from wave that throws them into tide pool
- New Zealand: Janesville doctor must pay for deadly crash
- Police: Crash leads to 4th OWI arrest
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street