MADISON, Wis. - The Dane County Sheriff’s Office is reminding residents to lock their vehicles after seeing a large spike in thefts from vehicles.
Deputies working in the western part of the county have responded to 20-30 calls this week for thefts from vehicles, officials said.
According to a release, the thefts have been reported in the towns of Verona and Oregon from vehicles that were left unlocked.
The thieves are looking for cash or anything of value that they can sell, officials said.
- Officials identify two men killed in Sheboygan plane crash
- CANCELED: Wisconsin River slow, no-wake order
- Janesville police take extra precautions after fentanyl found in area
- Forged letter criticizes local police chief
- DNR determines several factors led to Janesville fish kill
- Memorial Day travel expected to hit highest rate since 2005