MADISON, Wis. - The Dane County Sheriff’s Office is reminding residents to lock their vehicles after seeing a large spike in thefts from vehicles.
Deputies working in the western part of the county have responded to 20-30 calls this week for thefts from vehicles, officials said.
According to a release, the thefts have been reported in the towns of Verona and Oregon from vehicles that were left unlocked.
The thieves are looking for cash or anything of value that they can sell, officials said.
- Pumpkin pie Kit-Kats hit Pick ‘n Save shelves
- Man injured in propane tank explosion, officials say
- MPD reexamines 2011 car fire at site of home explosion
- Evers to deliver annual state of education speech
- UberEATS launches food delivery service in Madison
- Steve Pirus set to make initial appearance in Dane County court