MADISON, Wis. - The Dane County Sheriff’s Office is reminding residents to lock their vehicles after seeing a large spike in thefts from vehicles.
Deputies working in the western part of the county have responded to 20-30 calls this week for thefts from vehicles, officials said.
According to a release, the thefts have been reported in the towns of Verona and Oregon from vehicles that were left unlocked.
The thieves are looking for cash or anything of value that they can sell, officials said.
- Adams County deputies searching for two missing children
- Juneau County deputies investigate human remains found in woods
- Badgers stay undefeated with 24-10 win over Michigan, make case for playoff spot
- Group dedicates 50-year time capsule to mark critical moment in climate history
- Football fans flood Madison for Badger, Wolverine matchup
- Dodge County Sheriff's Office to implement crash reduction strategy