MADISON, Wis. - A Dane County fugitive who is accused of luring a minor to a Madison hotel for sex was arrested in Ohio Friday, according to a release.
Devon Webb, 26, was arrested in Cleveland by members of the U.S. Marshals Northern Ohio Violent Fugitive Task Force, officials said.
The Madison Police Department issued an arrest warrant based on an investigation into allegations that Webb lured an underage minor female to a Madison area hotel and attempted to have sexual contact with the girl, according to the release.
Investigators determined Webb left Madison and fled to Cleveland. Webb is being held at the Cuyahogo County Jail where, he awaits extradition back to Madison, officials said.
Webb is charged with child enticement with sexual contact, false imprisonment, intimidating a victim and impersonating a peace officer to aid in the commission of a crime.
- 21,000 vinyl records donated to thrift stores
- Racist sign at coffee shop prompts community reaction
- Timelapse shows northern lights over Wisconsin
- Crew fights roadside minivan fire on Beltline
- Girl Scouts make a special delivery
- Unemployment down in most of state's larger cities; Beloit an exception