MADISON, Wis. - A Dane County fugitive who is accused of luring a minor to a Madison hotel for sex was arrested in Ohio Friday, according to a release.
Devon Webb, 26, was arrested in Cleveland by members of the U.S. Marshals Northern Ohio Violent Fugitive Task Force, officials said.
The Madison Police Department issued an arrest warrant based on an investigation into allegations that Webb lured an underage minor female to a Madison area hotel and attempted to have sexual contact with the girl, according to the release.
Investigators determined Webb left Madison and fled to Cleveland. Webb is being held at the Cuyahogo County Jail where, he awaits extradition back to Madison, officials said.
Webb is charged with child enticement with sexual contact, false imprisonment, intimidating a victim and impersonating a peace officer to aid in the commission of a crime.
- Attorney says officer 'hung out to dry' in settlement
- Lawmakers, group calling on governor to improve schools' drinking water
- Community reacts to Tony Robinson case settlement
- Capitol Petro shooter to spend 10 years in prison
- Former federal prison employee sentenced for bringing contraband to inmates
- DNA leads to Janesville arrest in 2000 rape case, police say