MADISON, Wis. - A Dane County fugitive who is accused of luring a minor to a Madison hotel for sex was arrested in Ohio Friday, according to a release.
Devon Webb, 26, was arrested in Cleveland by members of the U.S. Marshals Northern Ohio Violent Fugitive Task Force, officials said.
The Madison Police Department issued an arrest warrant based on an investigation into allegations that Webb lured an underage minor female to a Madison area hotel and attempted to have sexual contact with the girl, according to the release.
Investigators determined Webb left Madison and fled to Cleveland. Webb is being held at the Cuyahogo County Jail where, he awaits extradition back to Madison, officials said.
Webb is charged with child enticement with sexual contact, false imprisonment, intimidating a victim and impersonating a peace officer to aid in the commission of a crime.
- DOJ asks to keep Brendan Dassey locked up
- Fabric tears caused blimp to go down near U.S. Open, NTSB report says
- State DOJ denies group's request for swag costs
- K-9's sniff leads to 2 drug arrests in Richland County, sheriff says
- Boater dead, 2 hurt in suspected carbon monoxide poisoning
- LIST: Area fireworks celebrations set for 2017 Fourth of July