MADISON, Wis. - A State Street retail store told police seven counterfeit bills surfaced at the store Saturday.
Police said an employee at Sunshine Daydream, a retail outfit located at 619 State St., reported receiving seven fake $10 bills. The man told police he believed the counterfeit money was used by a customer two days prior to purchase a glass pipe and lighter.
The store said the person who paid with the fake money was a light brown or blonde-haired white man about 20 years old, 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighed 160 pounds. According to the report, he was wearing a bandana on his head, a green coat and carried a backpack.
Police also said the fake bills had the same serial number: JG29413706.
- Baldwin encourages U.S. Dept. of Agriculture secretary to Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in state
- Food delivery drivers targeted in Madison robberies, police say
- Fire marshal called to 2 fires in Jefferson County
- Witness: Man points gun at kids playing basketball
- License plate left behind at hit-and-run scene IDs driver, police say