MADISON, Wis. - A State Street retail store told police seven counterfeit bills surfaced at the store Saturday.
Police said an employee at Sunshine Daydream, a retail outfit located at 619 State St., reported receiving seven fake $10 bills. The man told police he believed the counterfeit money was used by a customer two days prior to purchase a glass pipe and lighter.
The store said the person who paid with the fake money was a light brown or blonde-haired white man about 20 years old, 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighed 160 pounds. According to the report, he was wearing a bandana on his head, a green coat and carried a backpack.
Police also said the fake bills had the same serial number: JG29413706.
- Law enforcement warns of dangerous, ice-covered roads
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need