MADISON, Wis. - A State Street retail store told police seven counterfeit bills surfaced at the store Saturday.
Police said an employee at Sunshine Daydream, a retail outfit located at 619 State St., reported receiving seven fake $10 bills. The man told police he believed the counterfeit money was used by a customer two days prior to purchase a glass pipe and lighter.
The store said the person who paid with the fake money was a light brown or blonde-haired white man about 20 years old, 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighed 160 pounds. According to the report, he was wearing a bandana on his head, a green coat and carried a backpack.
Police also said the fake bills had the same serial number: JG29413706.
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs
- Warmer weather creates bumpy ride for drivers
- 3 teens arrested in connection to several vandalism cases
- UW-Whitewater lowers flag for student killed in crash