MADISON, Wis. - A men's bathroom toilet in a convenience store bathroom was found destroyed after store employees heard a loud bang, according to Madison police.
Officers were called to Kelly Williamson Mobil at 901 S. Gammon Rd. at 4:44 p.m. Thursday when employees discovered the shattered toilet.
Employees didn't realize the bang was from inside the building and found the broken toilet after a customer left a note indicating the toilet was in need of repair.
Police said bullet fragments and a shell casing were recovered from the scene.
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes