MADISON, Wis. - A men's bathroom toilet in a convenience store bathroom was found destroyed after store employees heard a loud bang, according to Madison police.
Officers were called to Kelly Williamson Mobil at 901 S. Gammon Rd. at 4:44 p.m. Thursday when employees discovered the shattered toilet.
Employees didn't realize the bang was from inside the building and found the broken toilet after a customer left a note indicating the toilet was in need of repair.
Police said bullet fragments and a shell casing were recovered from the scene.
- Law enforcement warns of dangerous, ice-covered roads
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need