MADISON, Wis. - A men's bathroom toilet in a convenience store bathroom was found destroyed after store employees heard a loud bang, according to Madison police.
Officers were called to Kelly Williamson Mobil at 901 S. Gammon Rd. at 4:44 p.m. Thursday when employees discovered the shattered toilet.
Employees didn't realize the bang was from inside the building and found the broken toilet after a customer left a note indicating the toilet was in need of repair.
Police said bullet fragments and a shell casing were recovered from the scene.
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says