MADISON, Wis. - A men's bathroom toilet in a convenience store bathroom was found destroyed after store employees heard a loud bang, according to Madison police.
Officers were called to Kelly Williamson Mobil at 901 S. Gammon Rd. at 4:44 p.m. Thursday when employees discovered the shattered toilet.
Employees didn't realize the bang was from inside the building and found the broken toilet after a customer left a note indicating the toilet was in need of repair.
Police said bullet fragments and a shell casing were recovered from the scene.
- 30 missing after avalanche buries Italian hotel
- One injured after stabbing in Madison
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Missing Marathon County man found safe
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth