APPLETON, Wis. - A Fox Valley man who was sentenced to eight years in prison on child-abuse and other convictions will receive a new trial.
A Post-Crescent of Appleton report said an Outagamie County judge has overturned the convictions against 35-year-old Dennis Strong Jr.
Judge Nancy Krueger ruled that prosecutors were too slow to hand over evidence that might have helped in Strong's defense.
The criminal complaint says a 6-year-old boy accused Strong of dunking his head in a toilet. The complaint also alleges that he punched the boy's mother and slapped another child.
Prosecutors withheld one alleged victim's recorded statement until the first day of trial. Strong said that interfered with his ability to adequately prepare for trial.
A new trial date hasn't been set.
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say