OSHKOSH, Wis. - An Oshkosh woman is accused of driving drunk and killing a pedestrian.
Forty-five-year-old Tina Trepanier is charged with three felonies, including homicide by intoxicated use of a vehicle.
A witness told investigators Gina Micheln was sitting in the middle of the street in Oshkosh when she was struck by a speeding SUV Sept. 7. Prosecutors said a Breathalyzer test showed Trepanier had a blood alcohol level nearly twice the legal limit.
Police said a second car hit Micheln after she was struck by the SUV. Authorities are still looking for that vehicle. WLUK-TV said Trepanier is scheduled back in court Sept. 27.
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial