MOUNT MORRIS, Wis. - Investigators in Waushara County say bloody footprints led to charges in the death of a man found beaten in a hotel room.
Fifty-year-old Robert Kasun was found dead at the Mount Morris Hotel March 6. An autopsy showed Kasun had a fractured skull, 10 broken rib bones and a severed aorta.
A man who was staying in the room adjacent to the victim has been charged with first-degree intentional homicide. A complaint charging Travis Petersen, 42, states footprints found in Kasun's room match those found in Petersen's room.
The Oshkosh Northwestern reported Petersen is being held in the Waushara County Jail on $250,000 bond. A preliminary hearing is scheduled April 5. Petersen's attorney did not immediately return a call seeking comment.
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land
- Victims chase suspected burglars with shovel
- Wisconsin school advocates pushing for more money
- Research indicates correct breast examination techniques are widely misunderstood
- Shell casings found downtown after shots fired call