MADISON, Wis. - A 45-year-old Chicago man is in the hospital following a car-pedestrian accident on Madison's west side Tuesday night, according to Madison police.
The incident happened in the 4900 block of Verona road at Raymond road just before 10 p.m. Tuesday.
Madison police said the driver, a 44-year-old Madison man, told officers he was driving in the center lane of southbound Verona Road when a man ran into the road.
Police said the pedestrian went into surgery at University of Wisconsin Hospital Tuesday night and was initially listed in critical condition.
There was no sign the driver was impaired and no citations were issued, according to police.
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two