MADISON, Wis. - A 45-year-old Chicago man is in the hospital following a car-pedestrian accident on Madison's west side Tuesday night, according to Madison police.
The incident happened in the 4900 block of Verona road at Raymond road just before 10 p.m. Tuesday.
Madison police said the driver, a 44-year-old Madison man, told officers he was driving in the center lane of southbound Verona Road when a man ran into the road.
Police said the pedestrian went into surgery at University of Wisconsin Hospital Tuesday night and was initially listed in critical condition.
There was no sign the driver was impaired and no citations were issued, according to police.
- Police arrest suspected heroin dealers, seize 3 guns, $28K cash
- Russian officials: We're not counting on Trump to lift sanctions
- Pocan compliments Trump before skipping inauguration
- UW-Madison athletics employee fired
- 20-year-old UW-Whitewater student dies of brain injury
- Republican lawmakers differ on state superintendent race