MADISON, Wis. - Police arrested a 22-year-old man for battery after a dispute -- which allegedly started on a Madison Metro bus -- that came to blows on State Street.
Police said a 54-year old Madison man flagged down an officer after he said he was attacked in the 300 block of State St.
The victim told police he first got into an argument with a stranger – who police later identified as Timothy McLeod -- on a Madison Metro bus when the man accused the victim of looking at the suspect the wrong way.
Police said after the verbal spat, the men got off at separate stops in the downtown area.
The two encountered one another again on State Street, where police said McLeod pushed the victim down and punched him multiple times in the head.
The victim was not seriously injured and police said he was able to point out McLeod to police.
According to the report, McLeod had been drinking.
McLeod told police the victim was trying to rob people, which is why McLeod fought with him.
- Man suffers ‘incapacitating injury' in Grant County crash, deputies say
- Surveillance video shows burglars breaking into Madison cellphone store
- Records show little GOP feedback to state education plan
- Lincoln Hills psychologist dismissed
- Kenosha teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online