MADISON, Wis. - Three males were spotted trying to break into a house through the garage door in a west side Madison neighborhood, according to Madison police.
A husband and wife told police they were in the living room of their home in the 4800 block of Holiday Drive Friday night when they heard three to four loud bangs that shook the house. The husband spotted three people running from the scene, with one of them lagging behind.
The man asked the teen what he was doing and said he was not with the other two, but continued running. The teen was described as black, 15-17 years old, 5 feet 8 inches tall with a heavy build. He was wearing a light-colored T-shirt.
A police K-9 tracked the teens to the Madison Metro West Transfer Point, but they were not located.
Police said the attempted burglary is similar to a break-in in the 5200 block of South Hill Drive Thursday afternoon and another on Wednesday morning in the 5100 block of Juneau Road. In both cases, garage doors were kicked in and the burglars entered the homes through the garage.
The burglars took money, jewelry and liquor.Madison crime map
- Detectives seek help identifying burglar in surveillance pics
- Bill would limit influence of unions on public project bids
- Dane County inmate who was AWOL 10 days back in custody
- Lawmaker wants Milwaukee County sheriff removed
- State Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- 3 adults, 1 child fall through ice on Sauk County lake