MADISON, Wis. - A burglar was able to steal a woman's purse without entering her home, according to Madison police.
Police said a resident living on Wyldewood Circle woke to the sound of breaking glass Saturday morning and found a burglar broke a kitchen window, reached inside and grabbed a purse hanging on a chair.
The purse was within an arm's length of the window and it didn't appear the burglar entered the home, according to police.
The victim told police the house was also burglarized two weeks ago.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say