MADISON, Wis. - A burglar was able to steal a woman's purse without entering her home, according to Madison police.
Police said a resident living on Wyldewood Circle woke to the sound of breaking glass Saturday morning and found a burglar broke a kitchen window, reached inside and grabbed a purse hanging on a chair.
The purse was within an arm's length of the window and it didn't appear the burglar entered the home, according to police.
The victim told police the house was also burglarized two weeks ago.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry