MADISON, Wis. - A burglar entered a home in the 1100 block of East Dayton Street through an unlocked door and made off with electronic items and cash while the family slept, according to Madison police.
A 40-year-old father called police the morning of March 28 to report the burglary.
Police said an orange Overland Equipment messenger bag with brown trim and a dull blue-colored backpack were also taken. Each contained some of the stolen items.
Madison police have reported an increased number of residential burglaries in the last 2-3 weeks.
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says