MADISON, Wis. - A burglar entered a home in the 1100 block of East Dayton Street through an unlocked door and made off with electronic items and cash while the family slept, according to Madison police.
A 40-year-old father called police the morning of March 28 to report the burglary.
Police said an orange Overland Equipment messenger bag with brown trim and a dull blue-colored backpack were also taken. Each contained some of the stolen items.
Madison police have reported an increased number of residential burglaries in the last 2-3 weeks.
- Woman accused of stabbing acquaintance turns herself in to police
- Victim tells police man who stabbed him frequently ‘mooches' from him
- Remains of 3 Ohio plane crash victims identified
- 29-year-old man dies from injuries suffered in Beloit fire
- Suspended UW-Madison student wants sex charges dismissed
- Medical center closes while DEA investigates