MADISON, Wis. - A burglar entered a home in the 1100 block of East Dayton Street through an unlocked door and made off with electronic items and cash while the family slept, according to Madison police.
A 40-year-old father called police the morning of March 28 to report the burglary.
Police said an orange Overland Equipment messenger bag with brown trim and a dull blue-colored backpack were also taken. Each contained some of the stolen items.
Madison police have reported an increased number of residential burglaries in the last 2-3 weeks.
- Glass packaging flaw prompts beer recall
- Winter weather could slow Wednesday commute
- $1M lottery ticket sold in Madison expires soon
- Men to be without safe, sober home with no live-in manager
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- Multiple reports of gunshots heard in Madison Sunday night