MADISON, Wis. - A teen was taken into custody after shooting at another teen with a BB gun, according to Madison police.
Police said a 16-year-old shot at a 15-year-old acquaintance in the 1100 block of Morraine View Drive Wednesday afternoon. The 15-year-old was shot three times in the legs but was not injured.
Witnesses helped police track the shooter to a McKenna Boulevard community center. The 16-year-old denied involvement.
Police said three facsimile handguns were found buried in the snow outside the community center.
The 16-year-old was taken to the Juvenile Reception Center on suspicion of disorderly conduct while armed, unlawful use of a facsimile firearm and being a minor in possession of a pellet gun.
- Facebook CEO Zuckerberg visits Madison Sunday
- Wisconsin, U.S. used flawed hair evidence to convict innocent people
- Shredfest helps protect more than 1,100 people's identities
- 'Life goes on': Production ends at Oscar Mayer plant
- Vehicles, building hit by bullets in Fitchburg
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents