MADISON, Wis. - A teen was taken into custody after shooting at another teen with a BB gun, according to Madison police.
Police said a 16-year-old shot at a 15-year-old acquaintance in the 1100 block of Morraine View Drive Wednesday afternoon. The 15-year-old was shot three times in the legs but was not injured.
Witnesses helped police track the shooter to a McKenna Boulevard community center. The 16-year-old denied involvement.
Police said three facsimile handguns were found buried in the snow outside the community center.
The 16-year-old was taken to the Juvenile Reception Center on suspicion of disorderly conduct while armed, unlawful use of a facsimile firearm and being a minor in possession of a pellet gun.
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial