KENOSHA, Wis. - A 17-year-old boy charged in an attempted suicide pact with a friend has avoided prison time in Kenosha County.
Luke Adcock, of Salem, was sentenced to two years of probation in an agreement with prosecutors. Adcock was accused of helping a teenage girl try to commit suicide with a knife before attempting to take his own life in December 2011. Both teens are OK.
Adcock was initially charged with attempted first-degree intentional homicide. He pleaded guilty to attempted assisted suicide and aggravated battery.
The Kenosha News said attorneys agreed to probation for Adcock because he was otherwise a "typical teenager," with near-perfect school attendance and an otherwise spotless record. Judge Mary Wagner agreed.
- Research indicates correct breast examination techniques are widely understood
- Shell casings found downtown after shots fired call
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam