MILTON, Wis. - A 12-year-old boy was taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries on Friday morning after a driver hit him as he was riding his bike at a major intersection in Milton.
The incident happened at the corner of John Paul Road and West Madison Avenue on the east side of Milton at about 11:35 a.m. Friday.
According to police, the boy was crossing Madison Avenue near that intersection when he was struck a vehicle traveling eastbound of Madison Avenue. Police said the driver didn't have time to stop prior to the collision.
Police cited the driver, Danielle McCabe, 24, of Milton, for causing injury while operating with a suspended license. She was taken to the Rock County Jail as well, due to an unrelated arrest warrant.
The 12-year-old wasn't wearing a helmet at the time, according to police. The bicyclist was taken to Mercy Hospital for non-life-threatening head and facial injuries.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK