MADISON, Wis. - A 23-year-old Madison man was pushed and robbed and a 26-year-old bouncer was punched and knocked unconscious during a disturbance in downtown Madison Friday morning.
The victim told police he was in the 400 block of West Gilman Street when he was pushed down and handed over money to the man who shoved him. He said he had met three men in a bar and that they were outside when the disturbance took place.
A witness told police a bouncer saw the commotion and was punched and knocked unconscious when he came to investigate.
The bouncer had a bump on the back of his head and was taken to a hospital.
The 23-year-old victim told police he unable to get a good look at the attackers.
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says