WAUKEGAN, Ill. - A judge has increased the bond of a Benedictine monk from Wisconsin who is charged with trying to abduct an Illinois teenager.
Chmura posted a $50,000 bond after being accused of trying to kidnap a 14-year-old girl in Antioch. However, a judge revoked the bond.
Defense attorney Kenneth Clark raised the bond issue during Thursday's hearing. Stride refused to overturn the bond revocation, instead raising it to $150,000.
Police say the 14-year-old was approached by a man in a station wagon asked if she needed a ride. Chmura, who lives at St. Benedict's Abbey in Benet Lake, Wis., was arrested Friday based on the girl's description.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire