WAUKEGAN, Ill. - A judge has increased the bond of a Benedictine monk from Wisconsin who is charged with trying to abduct an Illinois teenager.
Chmura posted a $50,000 bond after being accused of trying to kidnap a 14-year-old girl in Antioch. However, a judge revoked the bond.
Defense attorney Kenneth Clark raised the bond issue during Thursday's hearing. Stride refused to overturn the bond revocation, instead raising it to $150,000.
Police say the 14-year-old was approached by a man in a station wagon asked if she needed a ride. Chmura, who lives at St. Benedict's Abbey in Benet Lake, Wis., was arrested Friday based on the girl's description.
- Enbridge says it has no plans for a new Wisconsin pipeline
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- Authorities: Woman fatally shot father and took her own life
- Syrian man who sued Trump brings family to US
- DATCP warns of resurgence of fake IRS calls
- Appeal rejected in death of 2 Janesville motorcyclists