MADISON, Wis. - Madison police are investigating two cases of the suspected use of counterfeit $20 bills.
A clerk at the Mobil gas station at 3019 E. Washington Ave. reported a man snatched a $20 back from the clerk when the clerk attempted to use a marker to determine if it was real. The clerk said the man had a wad of cash.
He's described as white, 35 years old, 5 feet 8 inches tall, 155 pounds, with blond hair and wearing a red shirt, blue jean shorts and a baseball cap. He was driving an older black car, possibly an Acura.
A fake $20 bill was also given to a driver working for the Pizza Hut at 2649 E. Springs Drive last Thursday. It's not known who might have passed the bill.
- Police find 20 bullet casings in far east side park
- Detectives seek help identifying burglar in surveillance pics
- Bill would limit influence of unions on public project bids
- Dane County inmate who was AWOL 10 days back in custody
- Lawmaker wants Milwaukee County sheriff removed
- State Democrats defend abortion access with resolution