MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man was arrested on suspicion of fourth-offense operating while intoxicated after hitting 80 mph on the West Beltline Highway, according to police.
Police said an officer on patrol was passed by a speeding SUV at about 11:24 p.m. Saturday. The SUV was weaving in and out of the traffic lane and nearly struck the barrier between the eastbound and westbound lanes, according to police.
The officer said the driver didn't immediately pull over but stopped in a parking lot after getting off the Beltline at Midvale Boulevard.
Robert E. Dale, 31, was also arrested on suspicion of unsafe lane deviation, operating after revocation and speeding.
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes