MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man was arrested on suspicion of fourth-offense operating while intoxicated after hitting 80 mph on the West Beltline Highway, according to police.
Police said an officer on patrol was passed by a speeding SUV at about 11:24 p.m. Saturday. The SUV was weaving in and out of the traffic lane and nearly struck the barrier between the eastbound and westbound lanes, according to police.
The officer said the driver didn't immediately pull over but stopped in a parking lot after getting off the Beltline at Midvale Boulevard.
Robert E. Dale, 31, was also arrested on suspicion of unsafe lane deviation, operating after revocation and speeding.
- Trump, Walker discuss dairy dispute in Wisconsin
- 6-year-old watching TV nearly struck by bullet, Madison police say
- Man injured in gunfire incident at Verona Road gas station
- Student stabbed, seriously wounded at Kenosha high school
- Sauk County man wins $53,000 lottery prize
- Bullets hit 2 apartment buildings, police say