MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man was arrested on suspicion of fourth-offense operating while intoxicated after hitting 80 mph on the West Beltline Highway, according to police.
Police said an officer on patrol was passed by a speeding SUV at about 11:24 p.m. Saturday. The SUV was weaving in and out of the traffic lane and nearly struck the barrier between the eastbound and westbound lanes, according to police.
The officer said the driver didn't immediately pull over but stopped in a parking lot after getting off the Beltline at Midvale Boulevard.
Robert E. Dale, 31, was also arrested on suspicion of unsafe lane deviation, operating after revocation and speeding.
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial