BELOIT, Wis. - A Beloit man was arrested Friday on suspicion of eighth-offense operating while intoxicated, according to a release from the Rock County Sheriff’s Office.
A deputy reported at 2:36 a.m. a vehicle traveling east on Henry Avenue approaching Riverside Drive and turning north onto Riverside Drive in the southbound lane.
The deputy said that after making a traffic stop, he noticed the small of intoxicants on the driver’s breath.
After field sobriety tests, Gene Williams, 61, was arrested on suspicion of eighth-offense OWI and cited for operating left of center. He’s expected to appear in court Friday.
- New emergency equipment aids obese patients in Wisconsin
- Facebook CEO Zuckerberg visits Madison Sunday
- Wisconsin, U.S. used flawed hair evidence to convict innocent people
- Shredfest helps protect more than 1,100 people's identities
- 'Life goes on': Production ends at Oscar Mayer plant
- Vehicles, building hit by bullets in Fitchburg