BEAVER DAM, Wis. - The Beaver Dam school district administrator said all schools in the district are closed Friday due to a safety issue.
Administrator Stephen Vessey said the decision to close schools was made around 6 a.m. Friday.
Vessey couldn’t elaborate on what the safety issue was at the high school. However, he said an investigation is taking place, and they hope to have more information to the community by early afternoon.
All offsite Advanced Placement testing for the high school is also canceled Friday.
- Hunters take nearly 12 percent fewer deer on opening weekend
- Police arrest man suspected of threatening his ex-girlfriend while out on bail
- Police: Grinches steal Christmas tree installed near State Street
- Essentia fires about 50 workers for refusing to get flu shot
- Impaired driver nearly hits semi, takes out stoplight, drives wrong way on Beltline
- MFD warns people to beware calls claiming to be 'fire department'