MADISON, Wis. - A realistic-looking BB gun was found in the backpack of a Madison middle school student, according to a release from Madison police.
Police said the Jefferson Middle School student was contacted by school officials after posting a threatening photo. The photo showed him pointing a handgun at the camera.
The gun was found on Friday.
The boy was taken to the Juvenile Reception Center on suspicion of disorderly conduct and possession of a pellet or BB gun by a person under 18.
- Stoughton man arrested on fifth offense driving while intoxicated
- The art of gratitude: Doctors say giving thanks improves your health
- Protesters rally to urge Paul Ryan to pass Dream Act
- Scam artists target older Madisonians, asks them to send cash
- Keep pets safe during the holidays: Top 10 food toxins to avoid
- Wisconsin DNR finds invasive carp in Wisconsin River