MAUSTON, Wis. - Bail was at $250,000 on Monday for an Adams man accused of shooting and killing his girlfriend.
Coleman Dybul, 28, was arrested on suspicion of first-degree reckless homicide in the death of Toni Voss, 27, of Adams.
The Adams County Sheriff's Department said it responded to a report of a shooting at 117 N. Elm St. in the City of Adams early Saturday morning.
Officials said Dybul told dispatchers that at about 1:48 a.m. he was asleep in bed when his girlfriend startled him and he shot her with a shotgun he kept near the bed.
Deputies from the Sheriff's Department responded to the home along with Adams police and Curtis Ambulance.
Sheriff Sam Wollin said Voss was pronounced dead at the scene by the Adams County Medical Examiner.
A young child who was in the house at the time was unharmed and was placed with a relative.
The report did not indicate if the Voss also lived in the home. The identity of the child was not revealed in the sheriff's report.
Dybul is scheduled to appear in court again March 11.
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- Funding is available to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say
- GOP Legislature calls redistricting ruling 'dangerous'
- Crazylegs run/walk to close many downtown streets Saturday
- Dane County to acquire 130 acres along Yahara River