DARLINGTON, Wis. - Bail for the man accused of killing three seniors in Wiota Township was set at $3 million Thursday afternoon, according to authorities.
The bail hearing for Jaren M. Kuester was held in Lafayette County Circuit Court at 3 p.m., Lafayette County Sheriff Scott Pedley said in a news release.
Pedley said Kuester appeared in court via a videoconferencing from the Lafayette County Jail.
District Attorney Kate Findley requested $3 million bail, while defense attorney Guy Taylor asked for a lesser amount of $300,000, Pedley said.
Lafayette County Judge William D. Johnston set bail at $3 million cash, according to authorities.
Kuester's next scheduled court date is in Lafayette County May 10 at 1 pm. for an initial appearance.
The Lafayette County District Attorney's office told News 3 Thursday morning that no bail hearing would be held Thursday, however, News 3 received a news release at 3:53 p.m. with results of a bail hearing held in Darlington at 3 p.m.
- Pedestrian killed in Walworth County crash
- Thousands participate in Madison March for Science
- Friends, family send off 85 National Guard members
- Body pulled out of Kinnickinnic River in Milwaukee
- Signs go up in Racine marking Frank Lloyd Wright Trail
- DNR: Alcohol may be involved in Lake Wisconsin boat crash