RACINE, Wis. - Prosecutors in Racine County say the title of one DVD they say was made by a college student accused of sexually assaulting and videotaping children best characterizes him -- "Monster Unleashed."
Gateway Technical College student Alexander Richter is facing 49 charges involving at least six children. Bond was set at $1 million cash in Racine County Circuit Court Thursday.
Police said Ritcher gained access to his victims by offering to baby-sit for the children of fellow college students. Authorities said they found nearly 200 photos and 23 videos of the children being sexually assaulted during a search of Richter's home last week.
The Racine Journal Times reported the crimes date back to March 2009 and involve children who now range in age from 5 to 12 years old.
- Increase in garage burglaries reported in Sun Prairie
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child in Wis. arrested in NY
- Two men charged with armed robbery in Monroe
- Crash involving ambulance closes U.S. Highway 12
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Madison cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case