MADISON, WIS. - Madison police arrested a man Monday night for his alleged involvement in an armed robbery earlier in the day.
Lavonte Hatchett, 18, is accused of being involved in an armed robbery on the North side of Madison around 12:30 p.m. Monday.
According to a Madison police report, a few hours later, officers recognized Hatchett while he was driving.
Just before 7 p.m. Monday, officers tried pulling him over between Dunning Street and LaFollette Avenue. After a short pursuit, Hatchett ran off.
Police said a K-9 unit helped find Hatchett hiding under a porch.
A loaded handgun was found inside Hatchett's vehicle, according to the release.
Officials said they believe the robbery was drug-related.
Hatchett faces several charges including armed robbery, eluding, second-degree recklessly endangering safety, obstructing and delivery of a controlled substance.
There was no damage and no one was injured in the pursuit Monday night.
- Wisconsin school advocates pushing for more money
- Research indicates correct breast examination techniques are widely misunderstood
- Shell casings found downtown after shots fired call
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother