MADISON, Wis. - Three men were arrested after a police investigation into an apartment burglary Sunday.
Police said they were called to the 3800 block of Orion Road at 6:19 p.m. for a report of a burglary in progress. A neighbor called police after hearing the sound of glass breaking and pounding coming from a nearby apartment.
Officers said they found a window broken and three men near the crime scene.
Darell A. Beard, 30, of Madison, was arrested on suspicion of burglary and a probation violation.
Markist R. Carmona, 18, of Middleton and Johnny E. Chester, 24, of Madison, were arrested on suspicion of party to the crime of burglary. Carmona was also arrested on suspicion of a probation violation.
Police said the victims were not home at the time of the burglary. A backpack, watch and other items were stolen, according to police.
Detectives said the home was targeted. They believe the men burglarized the apartment because they thought there were drugs inside.
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets