MADISON, Wis. - Three men were arrested after a police investigation into an apartment burglary Sunday.
Police said they were called to the 3800 block of Orion Road at 6:19 p.m. for a report of a burglary in progress. A neighbor called police after hearing the sound of glass breaking and pounding coming from a nearby apartment.
Officers said they found a window broken and three men near the crime scene.
Darell A. Beard, 30, of Madison, was arrested on suspicion of burglary and a probation violation.
Markist R. Carmona, 18, of Middleton and Johnny E. Chester, 24, of Madison, were arrested on suspicion of party to the crime of burglary. Carmona was also arrested on suspicion of a probation violation.
Police said the victims were not home at the time of the burglary. A backpack, watch and other items were stolen, according to police.
Detectives said the home was targeted. They believe the men burglarized the apartment because they thought there were drugs inside.
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral