MILTON, Wis. - Milton police say another vacant home has been struck by copper thieves.
The theft took place at a home in the 300 block of Rogers Street sometime between March 30 and Saturday, when the burglary was discovered, according to police. Entry was forced through a rear window on the west side of the house. Police said all exposed copper piping was removed, and nothing else of value was taken.
It's the fourth similar case in Milton since January.
Police are asking owners of vacant homes, real estate agents and neighbors of vacant homes to make sure doors and windows are locked and to report suspicious activity.
Anyone with information is asked to call Milton police at 608-757-2244 or Janesville Area Crimestoppers at 608-756-3636.
- Janesville man killed in crash on I-90 near South Beloit
- Milwaukee coroner: Skull found on vacant land is decades old
- Kenosha man faces re-trial in 1990 murder of woman, 18
- More than 100 people to lose jobs when distributor closes in Watertown
- Real-looking starter pistol held to man's head in planned robbery, police say
- PD: Suspected drunken driver goes for officer's gun, injures 2 officers