MADISON, Wis. - A daytime burglary on Madison’s near east side Thursday afternoon was thwarted by an alert neighbor, according to a release.
The neighbor noticed something suspicious at a nearby home on South Court around 1:25 p.m., police said. When the neighbor saw two teens walk out of the home with a 48-inch flat screen TV, the neighbor yelled at them to drop the TV.
According to the release, the teens dropped the TV, jumped a fence and ran off.
Madison police were unable to find the teens, but they did find a door to the home that had been forced open.
- DOJ asks to keep Brendan Dassey locked up
- Fabric tears caused blimp to go down near U.S. Open, NTSB report says
- State DOJ denies group's request for swag costs
- K-9's sniff leads to 2 drug arrests in Richland County, sheriff says
- Boater dead, 2 hurt in suspected carbon monoxide poisoning
- LIST: Area fireworks celebrations set for 2017 Fourth of July