MADISON, Wis. - A daytime burglary on Madison’s near east side Thursday afternoon was thwarted by an alert neighbor, according to a release.
The neighbor noticed something suspicious at a nearby home on South Court around 1:25 p.m., police said. When the neighbor saw two teens walk out of the home with a 48-inch flat screen TV, the neighbor yelled at them to drop the TV.
According to the release, the teens dropped the TV, jumped a fence and ran off.
Madison police were unable to find the teens, but they did find a door to the home that had been forced open.
- Attorney says officer 'hung out to dry' in settlement
- Lawmakers, group calling on governor to improve schools' drinking water
- Community reacts to Tony Robinson case settlement
- Capitol Petro shooter to spend 10 years in prison
- Former federal prison employee sentenced for bringing contraband to inmates
- DNA leads to Janesville arrest in 2000 rape case, police say