MADISON, Wis. - A daytime burglary on Madison’s near east side Thursday afternoon was thwarted by an alert neighbor, according to a release.
The neighbor noticed something suspicious at a nearby home on South Court around 1:25 p.m., police said. When the neighbor saw two teens walk out of the home with a 48-inch flat screen TV, the neighbor yelled at them to drop the TV.
According to the release, the teens dropped the TV, jumped a fence and ran off.
Madison police were unable to find the teens, but they did find a door to the home that had been forced open.
- 21,000 vinyl records donated to thrift stores
- Racist sign at coffee shop prompts community reaction
- Timelapse shows northern lights over Wisconsin
- Crew fights roadside minivan fire on Beltline
- Girl Scouts make a special delivery
- Unemployment down in most of state's larger cities; Beloit an exception