MADISON, Wis. - A daytime burglary on Madison’s near east side Thursday afternoon was thwarted by an alert neighbor, according to a release.
The neighbor noticed something suspicious at a nearby home on South Court around 1:25 p.m., police said. When the neighbor saw two teens walk out of the home with a 48-inch flat screen TV, the neighbor yelled at them to drop the TV.
According to the release, the teens dropped the TV, jumped a fence and ran off.
Madison police were unable to find the teens, but they did find a door to the home that had been forced open.
- Criminal charges being considered against student who posted threatening picture
- Former village employee arrested on water meter tampering, theft charges
- MPD: Car hit with gunfire, no injuries reported in west side shooting
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash
- Darlington officer spooks masked men, thwarts theft of UTV, police say
- Milwaukee man charged in Appleton police shooting incident