TOWN OF PRESTON, Wis. - The Adams County Sheriff's Office said a deputy fatally shot a man Wednesday.
Authorities said deputies responded to a report of gunfire in the Town of Preston.
Investigators said the deputies confronted an armed man outside of his home early Wednesday morning and the deputy fired, killing the 41-year-old man.
The deputy has been placed on administrative leave, which is routine after a shooting.
The Wisconsin Division of Criminal Investigation is investigating.
The Sheriff's Office said it's not releasing any other details.
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs
- Warmer weather creates bumpy ride for drivers
- 3 teens arrested in connection to several vandalism cases
- UW-Whitewater lowers flag for student killed in crash