MADISON, Wis. - The man accused of shooting and killing a 28-year-old outside the Capitol Petro Mart gas station in Madison has pleaded guilty Tuesday, officials said.
Kortney D. Moore, 28, pleaded guilty to a charge of first-degree intentional homicide in the death of 28-year-old Elijah James Washington III.
According to online records, Moore entered the guilty plea at a hearing Tuesday morning. It didn't appear a sentencing had been scheduled as of Tuesday afternoon.
- Officials identify two men killed in Sheboygan plane crash
- CANCELED: Wisconsin River slow, no-wake order
- Janesville police take extra precautions after fentanyl found in area
- Forged letter criticizes local police chief
- DNR determines several factors led to Janesville fish kill
- Memorial Day travel expected to hit highest rate since 2005