MADISON, Wis. - The man accused of shooting and killing a 28-year-old outside the Capitol Petro Mart gas station in Madison has pleaded guilty Tuesday, officials said.
Kortney D. Moore, 28, pleaded guilty to a charge of first-degree intentional homicide in the death of 28-year-old Elijah James Washington III.
According to online records, Moore entered the guilty plea at a hearing Tuesday morning. It didn't appear a sentencing had been scheduled as of Tuesday afternoon.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry