MADISON, Wis. - The man accused of shooting and killing a 28-year-old outside the Capitol Petro Mart gas station in Madison has pleaded guilty Tuesday, officials said.
Kortney D. Moore, 28, pleaded guilty to a charge of first-degree intentional homicide in the death of 28-year-old Elijah James Washington III.
According to online records, Moore entered the guilty plea at a hearing Tuesday morning. It didn't appear a sentencing had been scheduled as of Tuesday afternoon.
- Fatal shooting by deputy in Lincoln County investigated
- Parents, child care centers face problems with 4-year-old kindergarten
- Iconic funk drummer Clyde Stubblefield leaves an international legacy
- Stripper sues Cruisin' Chubbys Gentleman's Club
- Teacher uses personal story to educate students on eating disorders
- February will end with near-record high temps, threat of severe thunderstorms