MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said they stopped 60 vehicles for speeding during a three and a half hour special enforcement in a block on East Washington Avenue Tuesday.
The special enforcement was conducted in a 55 mph zone in the 5200-5300 block of East Washington Avenue between 9:30 a.m. and 1 p.m.
Two different drivers were cited for going 84 mph, which would come with a penalty of six demerit points and a $164 fine if convicted.
Apart from speeding, numerous drivers were also cited for not having a driver's license, having a suspended registration or driver's license or failing to comply with insurance requirements.
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say