MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said they stopped 60 vehicles for speeding during a three and a half hour special enforcement in a block on East Washington Avenue Tuesday.
The special enforcement was conducted in a 55 mph zone in the 5200-5300 block of East Washington Avenue between 9:30 a.m. and 1 p.m.
Two different drivers were cited for going 84 mph, which would come with a penalty of six demerit points and a $164 fine if convicted.
Apart from speeding, numerous drivers were also cited for not having a driver's license, having a suspended registration or driver's license or failing to comply with insurance requirements.
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs