MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said they stopped 60 vehicles for speeding during a three and a half hour special enforcement in a block on East Washington Avenue Tuesday.
The special enforcement was conducted in a 55 mph zone in the 5200-5300 block of East Washington Avenue between 9:30 a.m. and 1 p.m.
Two different drivers were cited for going 84 mph, which would come with a penalty of six demerit points and a $164 fine if convicted.
Apart from speeding, numerous drivers were also cited for not having a driver's license, having a suspended registration or driver's license or failing to comply with insurance requirements.
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart