MADISON, Wis. - A fight broke out at a Madison bar involving six to eight people in what police describe as a melee.
Police were called to Plan B at 924 Williamson St. at 2:07 a.m. New Years Day for a report of a fight.
Police said several people were detained, including Jessie Tyrone Lloyd, 30, of South Bend, Ind., who was arrested on suspicion of battery and disorderly conduct.
Lloyd had come to the aid of a friend who had been bumped on the dance floor, which started a verbal dispute, according to police. A 23-year-old Madison man told police he was punched by Lloyd when he attempted to defend his friend.
That's when the melee ensued, according to police.
A 33-year-old Madison woman told police she was punched in the face by Lloyd as bouncers were attempting to remove him from the dance floor.
Lloyd was the only one arrested and no significant injuries were reported.
Police said alcohol was a factor in the incident.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK