MADISON, Wis. - A fight broke out at a Madison bar involving six to eight people in what police describe as a melee.
Police were called to Plan B at 924 Williamson St. at 2:07 a.m. New Years Day for a report of a fight.
Police said several people were detained, including Jessie Tyrone Lloyd, 30, of South Bend, Ind., who was arrested on suspicion of battery and disorderly conduct.
Lloyd had come to the aid of a friend who had been bumped on the dance floor, which started a verbal dispute, according to police. A 23-year-old Madison man told police he was punched by Lloyd when he attempted to defend his friend.
That's when the melee ensued, according to police.
A 33-year-old Madison woman told police she was punched in the face by Lloyd as bouncers were attempting to remove him from the dance floor.
Lloyd was the only one arrested and no significant injuries were reported.
Police said alcohol was a factor in the incident.
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Suspect in custody in Middleton homicide
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two
- Two seriously injured in pickup vs. semi crash