JANESVILLE, Wis. - Janesville police and Wisconsin State Patrol made 35 arrests during two days of special traffic enforcement on Janesville's south side, according to Janesville police.
Officers were patrolling the State Highway 11 bypass, Beloit Avenue, State Highway 51 and Interstate 39/90 Wednesday and Thursday looking for highway safety violations and intercepting contraband coming into and out of the city.
Police said 101 traffic stops were made, 66 citations were issued, 139 warnings were issued. 26 arrests were made and nine outstanding warrant arrests were made. Probation agents made contact with 25 people on supervision and three were taken into custody for violations.
Similar enforcement efforts are expected to continue in 2013.
- Appeal rejected in death of 2 Janesville motorcyclists
- Man accused in deadly wrong-way I-94 wreck not competent, judge says
- Woman inappropriately touched at dance class on UW campus, police say
- Black Hawk Middle School principal resigns
- Man who was high driving school bus sentenced
- Company says it has no plans for a new Wisconsin pipeline