MADISON, Wis. - A 19-year-old Madison woman was arrested two days after a hit-and-run crash that injured two people, according to a release from Madison police.
Police said two women, ages 19 and 31, were injured in a crash near Buick Street and Woodview Court on Saturday and the driver of the other vehicle fled. Witnesses told police the woman was wearing orange pajama pants and had stars tattooed on her face. They said she ran into a nearby apartment complex and yelled that she shouldn't be driving. One witness got a picture of the woman. Police tried to track the woman with a K-9.
Samantha Kay Lovick was arrested Monday afternoon when spotted by police on South Park Street. She was arrested on suspicion of operating without consent, hit-and-run causing injury, resisting an officer and receiving stolen property.
Lovick told police she had no idea why she was being arrested.
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes