TOWN OF POUND, Wis. - Two men are dead in a pair of fatal shootings in Marinette County.
The sheriff's office says a man called about 10:00 p.m. Monday to report an armed man in his family cabin. The sheriff's office soon received another call about a car that had crashed into a home in the same area. Deputies found the driver had been shot. The man, who was in his late 20s, died at a Green Bay hospital.
The investigation led deputies to another location nearby where they found a man, believed to be in his 70s, inside a vehicle with a shotgun and handgun.
Sheriff Jerome Sauve says the man refused to surrender and eventually pointed a gun at deputies, who opened fire and killed the suspect.
Names have not yet been released.
- Garrison Keillor coming to Breese Stevens Field
- Gun pointed at driver during road rage incident, deputies say
- Wisconsin family rescued from wave that throws them into tide pool
- New Zealand: Janesville doctor must pay for deadly crash
- Police: Crash leads to 4th OWI arrest
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street