MADISON, Wis. - A 14-year-old Madison girl told police she was followed by a man in car who tried to make contact with her Sunday afternoon.
Police said the teen was walking on Lake Point Drive near Fayette Street around 5:50 p.m. when the stranger tried to get her to come over to his car. She said the driver slowed down and turned the car around twice in an effort to contact her. She said the man asked her how old she is.
The girl said she quickly walked to a nearby convenience store where she called her family.
The teen said the man was driving a maroon, 4-door, Ford Taurus. He's described as black, in his late 20s to early 30s, with a medium build, beard and lighter complexion.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK