MADISON, Wis. - A 14-year-old Madison girl told police she was followed by a man in car who tried to make contact with her Sunday afternoon.
Police said the teen was walking on Lake Point Drive near Fayette Street around 5:50 p.m. when the stranger tried to get her to come over to his car. She said the driver slowed down and turned the car around twice in an effort to contact her. She said the man asked her how old she is.
The girl said she quickly walked to a nearby convenience store where she called her family.
The teen said the man was driving a maroon, 4-door, Ford Taurus. He's described as black, in his late 20s to early 30s, with a medium build, beard and lighter complexion.
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement