MADISON, Wis. - A 14-year-old Madison girl told police she was followed by a man in car who tried to make contact with her Sunday afternoon.
Police said the teen was walking on Lake Point Drive near Fayette Street around 5:50 p.m. when the stranger tried to get her to come over to his car. She said the driver slowed down and turned the car around twice in an effort to contact her. She said the man asked her how old she is.
The girl said she quickly walked to a nearby convenience store where she called her family.
The teen said the man was driving a maroon, 4-door, Ford Taurus. He's described as black, in his late 20s to early 30s, with a medium build, beard and lighter complexion.
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say