MADISON, Wis. - A 14-year-old Madison girl told police she was followed by a man in car who tried to make contact with her Sunday afternoon.
Police said the teen was walking on Lake Point Drive near Fayette Street around 5:50 p.m. when the stranger tried to get her to come over to his car. She said the driver slowed down and turned the car around twice in an effort to contact her. She said the man asked her how old she is.
The girl said she quickly walked to a nearby convenience store where she called her family.
The teen said the man was driving a maroon, 4-door, Ford Taurus. He's described as black, in his late 20s to early 30s, with a medium build, beard and lighter complexion.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land