MANITOWOC, Wis. - Eleven people from three eastern Wisconsin counties have been indicted for drug trafficking and firearms offenses.
Authorities said they seized about 70 pounds of high-grade marijuana with a street value of more than $225,000 from a vehicle in eastern Wisconsin occupied by two of the defendants. U.S. Attorney James Santelle said agents also seized 11 guns and more than $200,000 in cash while executing search warrants in Manitowoc, Sheboygan, Calumet and Milwaukee counties.
The Manitowoc County Metro Drug Unit led the investigation. Lt. Dave Remiker said the drugs were to be distributed in Manitowoc and surrounding counties.
WOMT radio reports the men and women indicted are from Manitowoc, Sheboygan and Calumet counties.
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say