MANITOWOC, Wis. - Eleven people from three eastern Wisconsin counties have been indicted for drug trafficking and firearms offenses.
Authorities said they seized about 70 pounds of high-grade marijuana with a street value of more than $225,000 from a vehicle in eastern Wisconsin occupied by two of the defendants. U.S. Attorney James Santelle said agents also seized 11 guns and more than $200,000 in cash while executing search warrants in Manitowoc, Sheboygan, Calumet and Milwaukee counties.
The Manitowoc County Metro Drug Unit led the investigation. Lt. Dave Remiker said the drugs were to be distributed in Manitowoc and surrounding counties.
WOMT radio reports the men and women indicted are from Manitowoc, Sheboygan and Calumet counties.
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial