MADISON, Wis. - One person was injured Tuesday night in a shooting at a gas station on Madison’s east side, police said.
Officers were sent around 7:40 p.m. to a gas station in the 3500 block of East Washington Avenue for reports of shots fired, according to a release.
As officers were responding, dispatch received additional information that a subject had been shot and ran to a nearby address, officials said. The victim was found with non-life-threatening injuries.
Police are still investigating the incident, but believe the suspect and victim knew each other and this was not a random incident.
- MPD responds to reports of shots fired on Raymond Road
- Darlington officer spooks masked men, thwarts theft of UTV, police say
- Milwaukee man charged in Appleton police shooting incident
- Janesville school board looks to revise policy, boost attendance
- 9 months after fatal crash, driver charged with felony
- Federal budget proposal would slow cancer research