MADISON, Wis. - One person was injured Tuesday night in a shooting at a gas station on Madison’s east side, police said.
Officers were sent around 7:40 p.m. to a gas station in the 3500 block of East Washington Avenue for reports of shots fired, according to a release.
As officers were responding, dispatch received additional information that a subject had been shot and ran to a nearby address, officials said. The victim was found with non-life-threatening injuries.
Police are still investigating the incident, but believe the suspect and victim knew each other and this was not a random incident.
- DOJ asks to keep Brendan Dassey locked up
- Fabric tears caused blimp to go down near U.S. Open, NTSB report says
- State DOJ denies group's request for swag costs
- K-9's sniff leads to 2 drug arrests in Richland County, sheriff says
- Boater dead, 2 hurt in suspected carbon monoxide poisoning
- LIST: Area fireworks celebrations set for 2017 Fourth of July